CURRENT LOCATION: New Delhi, India

Taji

Taji
Thanks for visiting. Check out below for updates on our latest adventures. Hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

lunchtime

K: Hmmm. Ate lunch from a guy walking around with a bowl on his head. He spread the brown stuff on bread, cut up some raw onions on it and then poured salt and vinegar on it. I would have called it a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if I didn't realize after the first bite that the brown stuff was burnt lard. I tried a second bite, but by then one of my Chadian colleagues informed me in French that they call that food "diarrhea on a stick." I didn't ask where the stick came from, nor why diarrhea had to be involved, but I didn't get to the third bite. Luckily burnt lard fills you up pretty good, so I'm not really hungry either. I await my GI fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment